Thursday, January 13, 2011

Deep Thoughts

For some reason I have my deepest thoughts in the shower. Possibly because it's the only time that I can hear myself think. Who knows? Maybe I'm having incredibly deep and meaninful thoughts 24/7, but they're being drowned out by a chorus of, "MOM"s and "She pushed me!"s. Anywho, this morning in the shower I was thinking about prayer and church (see my post re: New Years Resolutions) and how I can start to teach my kids about prayer at times other than saying grace before dinner. Obviously, saying your prayers at bedtime is a good place to start. Then I got to thinking about how I used to say my prayers when I was a kid. I remember my sister and I sitting in her bed at night and saying our prayers, and mine always resembled a whish list. A lot of "I want..." and "Please help me get..." That made me think...when's the last time you said thank you to God for all of the things you DO get and all of the good things that DO happen to you? We, as a society, focus so much on when things don't go our way and completely forget to be thankful for the things we do have. I am trying to be a bit more positive this year, and that got me thinking of all of the things that I usually whine/complain about and how I can twist them to see the bright side.

No comments:

Post a Comment