Friday, March 16, 2012

Oops, I Crapped My Pants!

Not literally, but pretty darn close. For those of you that don't already know, the kids and I were t-boned on the way to my mother-in-law's house on Wednesday. Someone exiting a parking lot didn't see me coming and slammed into the passenger side of my van...approximately a foot and a half away from where Teaghan was sound asleep in her car seat. Hole. E. Crap. I've been involved in a couple of fender benders before, but nothing like this. Add to that the fact that I had my 3 babies (I don't care how old they are...if my kids are in danger, they're my babies) in the car...terrifying. Fortunately, the guy that hit me was moving as fast as he was, because if I had made it any further along the road before he hit me, I can say with absolute certainty that at least one of my kids would have been hurt. And then I would have gone to jail for beating up and old man.


After my rental car was dropped off and I went to clean all of my crap out of the van, I got a good look at how close the point of impact was to T's seat and began thanking my lucky starts that if I had to be in an accident, at least we all walked away...well, except for T, but c'mon...she's only 4 months old. Not a lot of walking going on there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment