Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kony 2012

I usually try and keep things pretty light and funny because, let's face it, there's enough heavy stuff out there already and who needs any more, am I right? Well, I saw something online today that hit me really hard as a mother, so I'm going to lay a little heavy on you. Brace yourself.
There has been a video plastered all over Facebook the past couple of days, but since it's 30 minutes long and I do most of my internet surfing at work, I hadn't watched it because of it's length...finding 30 uninterrupted minutes at my job is pretty rare. One of my bestest friends posted the video on his Facebook page, so I knew it was worthwhile, and took half an hour of my morning to check it out. Holy life-altering, Batman! Please, find 30 minutes and watch this:


If you actually took the time to watch that, thank you. As a mother I just cannot imagine a child having to fear being taken from my home on a daily basis. So, I decided to do something. I have sent a handfull of emails to various political figures as well as emailing a few of my fave celebs. I also got my "kit" and am going to encourage EVERYONE that I know to do the same. This is not something that can continue. It has already gone on for too long.
To purchase your kit, read more about the war, or maybe just donate a few bucks simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment