Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FEED ME!!!

I now know how Audrey II felt in "Little Shop of Horrors." I feel like grabbing everything in sight and sobbing, "Feed me!" Seriously. I am hungry. All the time. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to take it easy because I don't want to gain a bajillion pounds during this pregnancy, but I'm starving all day long. I actually tried last week to just eat at meal time and drink water in between to fill me up thinking maybe I was just eating because I was used to eating. Nope. That night while I was cooking dinner I actually had a faint spell. I got all clammy, got tunnel vision, dizziness set in...what is this kid doing to me?! Faint spells?! I don't think anyone has actually had a faint spell since the days of Gone With The Wind. Faint spell. Pffft. Ridiculous.
I started keeping track of the baby's growth through some website that tells you each week what's going on in there. Pretty cool. Except one thing. The site shows you pictures of other moms-to-be due in the same month as you, and all of these chicks are uploading photos of their baby bumps, and I've got to tell you, most of them look as if they're just using this pregnancy as an excuse not to suck in their guts anymore. I feel mean and rude saying it, but I'm serious. I know people show at different stages depending on their build and what # child it is, etc. But some of these girls...come on. You are NOT trying to pass that extra 30lbs you've been hiding under Spanx as a baby belly at 3 months pregnant! Stop it! It's driving me nuts. Maybe it's the hormones making me bitchy, but I just want to call them all out by commenting on their pictures. "Hey, congratulations! Looks like you're expecting a case of Little Debbies!" I know, I know. "Dee, you're being really mean." I can't help it. These are the kinds of things that I'm thinking all the time. Pregnancy just removes my internal filter, so these mean things just come pouring out. Blame it on the baby. Bad, Thaddeus. Bad.
Did you catch that? Yeah, Thaddeus is on the table as a boy name. I know most people think it's weird, but I really dig it. Here's what I've got so far: Boy: Thaddeus or Gabriel. Girl: Tegan, Miranda, Brenna. What do you think? Is naming a kid Thaddeus just cruel or do you think my kid would be cool/tough enough to pull it off?

3 comments:

  1. I like Thaddeus for a boy and Tegan for a girl...very unique names! With you and Carl as parents, I think they'll be cool enough to pull the names off :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have two VERY different images popping into my head ... can't decide which wins:
    (I think I should preface this by saying, 'hey, you asked!)

    Thaddeus - bulked up, shaved head, "Don't F with Mr T" tattood on his arm biker dude/bouncer.

    Thad - too handsome blonde wearing a tight pink Izod polo with the collar popped preppy "that guy" from an 80s movie.

    :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaa! Amanda, that's hillarious!

    ReplyDelete