Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Date is Set!!!

That's right. I made the appointment! June 20, 2011 at 11:15am we are scheduled for our ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby! Aaaaaak! I am so excited! People keep asking me what I'm hoping for. Quite honestly, I'm torn. I would absolutely ADORE another boy just because, well, I don't need that many chicks in my house to put it bluntly. I like running the show, and Paige is already cramping my style a little trying to take over my "Queen of the Castle" title. But, having grown up with a sister, I really think every girl needs a sister (if you're a girl and have one, you know what I'm talking about). It's a bond that just...you can't explain and you just don't get it unless you are a sister to a sister. I'm sure the same could be said about boys and brothers, but seeing as I'm neither, I can't say for certain. Plus, girl clothes are SO much cuter. But boys are so easy. sigh See what I mean? Torn. In other words, we'll be perfectly happy with whatever we end up with.
Carl IV has started going through a phase where he's really interested in death. Weird, right? I don't mean in a creepy way, he's just started talking about dead things or death in general more than ever before. For example: We'll be sitting down to dinner and he asks, "They killed this chicken for us to eat it?" To which I reply, "Yes, they did. It would be hard to eat a chicken if it were alive and running back and forth across the table. Now hush and eat your food." He does this almost every night. I especially like when he asks about something that was never alive, like cereal. "Mom, they killed this cereal for me to eat it?" Me: "No, silly. They make cereal out of grains and stuff." Him: "How they make it?" Me: "Umm...well first a machine goes through a field and picks all the grain, then it goes through another machine and...well...be quiet and eat your breakfast." Whew! I can't wait until he's old enough for me to use the old, "Go look it up!" line, because I don't know what I'm talking about 80% of the time. Okay, 90%. Whatever. The boy has also recently started riding a bike without training wheels. NO TRAINING WHEELS! Yeah, he just turned 4. I'm telling you, this kid's a beast!
Paige is...well...she's 2. That about sums it up. We're starting to get a lot of "No"s from her. Grrr. I forgot how obnoxious that phase is. That and the constant, "Whassat (what's that)?", and "Why?" I would like to apologize to every parent that I ever heard say, "Because I said so!" and thought to myself, "Hmph! I would never say that to my child. That's how they learn." Yeah, the me 5 years ago was an idiot. I've since shut her up and she has been taken over by a much more understanding, less judgemental me that happens to say, "Because I said so," at a disturbing frequency.

No comments:

Post a Comment