Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a freakin' week!

Dude, last week was hellacious! Ugh! Where to start...? I woke up on Monday with tonsils so swollen that drinking water hurt. Woke up Tuesday covered head to toe in red spots and itchier than I think I have ever been in my life. I came into work, my boss took one look at me and said, "Yeah...go away and get to the doctor. Whatever you've got...I don't want it." Turns out I had strep throat, so 7 days into my antibiotics I'm doing much better, thanks for asking.
Wednesday was pretty uneventful.
Thursday, we had the scare of our lives. I was at work, went to the bathroom (because that's what pregnant women do...a lot) and I noticed blood...enough to make me totally freak out. I managed to call the doctor and my boss before I totally lost it. Poor Carl, by the time I called him I was hysterical. I was absolutely certain that I was losing the baby. The doctor wanted me to come in right away, so I headed home to get Carl and zip over to the doctors' office. While in the car I called my bestie, Carla, who managed to calm me down because she's amazing and that's what amazing people do for their hysterical best friends. By the time I got home I was in a complete daze. I understand that miscarriages happen every day, and that most women have at least one in their lifetime. But you never actually think it'll happen to you. At least I didn't. We get to the doctor (which is my new OB that I'd never been to before, so I had no idea where it was...turns out there are 7 OB/GYNs in the same building and in my state of panic I forgot my doctor's name, so here I am completely panicked running into every OB's office asking if I'm in their computer...not my brightest moment) and long story short, they check me out and everything's okay. WHEW! I don't think I have ever been so relieved in my life! EVER! I could've hugged my doctor, but those pesky stirrups were in the way! Bahahaha!

1 comment: