Monday, March 28, 2011

Movies Not to Watch When Pregnant:

1) Fried Green Tomatoes ---Ruth dies, sobbing ensues.
2) Steel Magnolias --- Shelby dies, sobbing ensues.
3) Someone Like You --- Ashley Judd's character's sister has miscarriage, sobbing ensues.
4) Moulin Rouge --- Satine dies, sobbing ensues.

I foolishly watched THREE of these movies this weekend and ended up an absolute wreck. Fried Green Tomatoes was on Saturday afternoon, and I absolutely adore that movie. Watching it pregnant came with several side effects: 1) the obvious sobbing, 2) Frank Bennett, Ruth's husband, was a royal jerk and deserved what he got, but the thought of Idgy and Big George BBQ-ing a human...it almost made me gag, 3) For the entire length of the movie I wanted some fried green tomatoes...and that's a really long movie...and I still  want some fried green tomatoes.
Steel Magnolias was on yesterday while the kids were napping, and having learned my mistake from the day before, I flicked the TV off the second Shelby went into the hospital. Whew! Dodged a bullet there.
Then, to wrap up the weekend of chick-flicks, Moulin Rouge came on! I watched about 10 minutes before I gathered enough self-control to turn it off before I was beyond hope. That movie gets me over and over again...but I did DVR it, so I'm sure I'll end up a blubbering mess before the week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment