Wednesday, March 2, 2011

...and Reality Sets In

I just made my first OB appointment, and with that one 2 minute phone call reality hit. I'm going to have another baby! I am going to be a mother of 3 kids. None of which will be over the age of 5 anytime soon. Aaaaaaaaak! We have to designate one of our rooms as a nursery again. I have to deal with midnight feedings and exploding diapers again at 2am. Have I lost my mind?! What were we thinking?! Alright, Dee...calm down. Remember all the good things about new babies. 2 am feedings are much more bearable when your sniffing your baby's head. Ahhhh...I miss that smell. All I get from sniffing the kids' heads now is sweat and whatever food is left in Paige's hair. Let's not forget tiny baby feet and hands. I love baby feet. Okay, I'm starting to feel a little better. Plus, if I think about things rationally, I've always wanted to have my kids close in age. I'd rather have complete chaos for 5-ish years and be done with it then get acustomed to a normal routine and have to return to chaos again with a new baby. Right?! That's rational. Right?! For God's sake, just tell me I'm right! *picture me with head between my knees taking deep breaths*

No comments:

Post a Comment