Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clever Boy

Every weekday morning I drop the kids off at my mother-in-law's house at around 7:30. She and I then sit at her kitchen table and just enjoy the brief pleasure of a 30 minute adult conversation until I head on my way for work. This morning Debbie was telling me about how Carl decided he wanted to learn to swim with his face in the water. Finding it rather difficult to explain she decided it would be easier to show him how to go about blowing bubbles, etc. God love her, she then proceeds to get in the kiddie pool with Carl IV and show him how to go about this (which I have to say is awesome of her because knowing the two kids that swim in there, it was probably half pee by that point). My son stops her and says, "Grandmom, I don't think this pool is meant for big ladies." Debbie stops and looks at him and says, "You mean a grown-up lady?" My son shakes his head and says, "No, I mean big," and pats his behind. For those of you who have not met my mother-in-law, let me tell you...she is FAR from overweight. The woman wears a smaller size than I do, and is in no way what I would consider "big." My son then looks at her and says, "My mom doesn't have a big butt." Aaaaaand, just like that, the boy has taken the lead as my favorite.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment