Wednesday, July 6, 2011

18 Weeks Left?

That sounds so long, and yet the fact that I'm more than halfway through this pregnancy is really starting to freak me out. Especially when I think about all the stuff going on between now and then. My buddy, BJ, is coming down on the 16th for his birthday (which is also my dad's birthday...hi, dad!); my cousin, Claire, is coming to visit in August (which is so freakin' awesome since I haven't seen her since I was maybe 12!); September is my birthday, a trip to Florida for Amanda's wedding, and BJ and I are going to fly one of our friends from P'cola who is now a photographer up here to take some pics for us (and to hang out since we haven't seen her since the late '90s); October brings mine and Carl's 7th anniversary (I know...weird, right?), Halloween, and then BAM! It's baby time. Yikes!
I'm still having a hell of a time finding maternity clothes, but need to suck it up and go shopping this weekend so I can avoid what is becoming my daily morning ritual of changing clothes 8 times because my pants are too tight and that shirt isn't long enough and "Forget it! I'm not going to work today! I look like a cow in these pants!" and I end up sobbing on top of a pile of clothes that won't fit the way I want. *sigh* My problem is work clothes. I have oodles of maternity jeans that a couple of friends have loaned me, but unfortunately my boss isn't that cool and I am expected to dress in appropriate office wear on occasion. Bummer.
I took the kids to our new pediatrician last Friday for a new patient physical, and turns out both of them needed a booster shot for...something... (don't judge me. I'm lucky I can remember the kids' names most days!) Wow. That did NOT go over well. I think the worst part is having to hold them down while the nurse gives the shot. Carl IV is no dummy and knew nothing good was going to come of having his mom holding his arms by the wrist and a nurse lying over the top of his legs. That kid was thrashing around like a maniac from the second the nurse cleaned his leg with the alcohol wipe until the needle came out. Is it just my kids, or do all kids look up at their parents after they get a shot with that "Why did you let them do that to me?!" look in their eyes? Ugh! It's devastating! The upside: this doctor gives each kid a "prescription" for a frozen yogurt at the mall after they get a shot. SCORE!
Alright, I know this post was kind of all over the place, but I'm having a scatterbrained kind of day, and now I'm ending it abruptly because I have a doctor's appointment in half an hour and have to get out of here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment