Monday, July 6, 2009

I swear, I don't beat my children!

You're probably looking at the title of this post and thinking,"What the hell is she talking about?" Well, my son is a 2-year-old boy in the fullest sense. He's covered head to toe in bumps, bruises, scrapes, etc. The kid is always outside, and he gets so beat up because the boy plays hard! My daughter has entered the stage where she's bored with crawling already, and has taken to pulling herself into standing as often as possible and on anything she can reach. Her latest attempts include a gliding ottoman, the dog, one of Carl's trucks...if you haven't noticed the trend yet, let me spell it out for you. All these things move, and she goes SPLAT face-first into said object, resulting in an interesting array of bruises, bumps, etc. on her poor little head. So, we all head out to Wal-Mart yesterday to grab a few things, and I swear, this one woman was looking back and forth from the kids to me, from the kids to Carl, and she got this look on her face like she wanted to call social services! I feel like I should buy a shirt that says, "My kids are just clumsy!" Ah, well...I'm sure people that have kids understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment