Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, rain, go away...

Yuck. That's all I can really say about our weather lately. If my calculations are correct, it has rained every day for the past 19 days! What the hell?! I have a VERY active 2-year-old that needs to run around outside! Enough, already! I'm sorry, but I had to get that off my chest. Not to mention, the gloomy weather is bringing me down. I now can say with the utmost confidence that I will never, ever, ever live in Seattle. It's downright depressing.
Okay, onto brighter news...I got a raise! Yahoo! It's nice having 2 decent incomes, I must admit. Paying all of our bills on time every month is a nice feeling. I'm not afraid to answer the phone anymore! Plus, if I want to treat myself to lunch once in a while I don't feel bad anymore. It's nice being a contributor to the financial standing of the family. I know it's awful, but I just didn't get a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day when I was a stay-at-home mom. I think the whole family is getting along much better now that we're all busy during the day!
We're heading to one of our friend's son's 4th birthday party on Saturday. Please, let's all pray that the weather is nice, because it's a pool party, and the thought of being cooped inside with a bunch of preschoolers for 3 hours makes me ill! All in all it should be a good time.
Father's Day is Sunday, and I'm yet to decide what to get Carl. He pointed out a few things from the Guinness Brewery web store (shirts, hats, a mini rugby ball), but they're all out of stock!Grrr... Ah, well. I'm sure inspiration will strike soon enough. And if not, I'll just have to rely on the amazing last-minute shopping skills I've developed over my years as a procrastinator! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment