Monday, May 18, 2009

Meanie Mom

So, realizing that my ten-year high school reunion is fast approaching, I got the wild idea to start running to get in shape. No big deal, right? WRONG! It has been, easily, 3 years since I did anything even mildly resembling exercise. By the time I ran a block I was wheezing like a 90-year-old emphazima patient!!! But, I had my iPod on, blasting some motivating "move-your-ass" music, so I was able to press on for about half a mile. Boy, am I glad that I decided to be an early morning runner. If I had been out in daylight, while other people could see me, I'd be the source of great entertainment for the entire neighborhood! Red-faced, sweating, gasping for air...it was not pretty. But, I have to say, I do feel better today than I have in quite a while. ("Just wait until tomorrow morning," my boss says, laughing.)

Carl's still laid-off from U.S. Roofing, and it's driving him nuts! They called him twice last week asking him to come in for that one day. He was like, "Hello?! I have 2 kids! You can't just call me in for 1 day! I can't just dump my kids in my sister's lap for one day...that's stupid. Call me when you need me full time." Turns out, they had a guy go on vacation, and they were short-handed, so had he gone back, he would've only gotten that 2 days, and back to unemployment. He's so frustrated (well, we both are, honestly).

On a happier note, the kids are still alive. Trust me, that's an accomplishment that should be noted. When you consider that we have a 2-year-old who is in the midst of the "terrible-twos" and a teething 5 month old, the fact that we didn't send them out to play in traffic says HUGE things about how much more patient Carl and I are than we ever thought we could be. Little Carl (L.C. hence-forth) has been worse than I had thought possible these past few days. I don't know what his deal is, but it's driving us bananas!!! He was so bad yesterday that he didn't get to go to Mady's (our neighbors' kid who's 3) birthday party! That's something that's supposed to work as a threat! I shouldn't actually have to keep him home! Ugh...I felt like such a meanie, but he's just testing us now, so I have to be a hard-ass so he knows we mean business. Paige is growing like a weed. I swear, the girl never stops eating. She's in 6-9 month clothes already (and they're tight around the middle)! I'm hoping she'll have a growth spurt length-wise soon or she's going to start looking like a Weeble.

No comments:

Post a Comment