Monday, September 28, 2009

Is there an echo in here?

Note to all parents whose children aren't talking yet: WATCH YOUR MOUTH!! Trust me, stop the potty-mouth thing now, or your children will store up every bad word they've ever heard you say only to shout them at the top of their lungs at the WORST possible moment!!
Let me paint you a picture...the Rudegeair family is walking through Wal-Mart on a Saturday morning looking at Halloween costumes for the kiddies. While strolling through the little girls' aisle, Carl III says, "Why are all the little girl costumes so slutty? As a dad, that pisses me off!" To which Carl IV responds, "What slutty? Pissed?" Ugh! No, no, no, no, no!! I just broke his habit of saying , "Aw, crap!" because he'd heard me saying it (which was an edit from my prior, "Aw, shit!" which I heard him say once and was shamed into watching my language). So, trust me, parents...it's easier to start watching what you say from day 1, rather than wait until you have to "un-teach" them to say something. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment